[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: rolled 325

I have been wanting to try a driving school (after a
safety school)
(snip)
the car tracks very well, yes, it corners w/o  much
lean (if I get my new sways, even less), but the
Yokohama AVS i's  that I have don't seem to give any
warning of losing grip (at least not  yet), so I wonder
how clear it will be to me when approaching the
'limit'...

- - --  john
'87  325 136k (Dinan Chip, Racing Dynamics
springs/Billstein shocks)
'94  318i 17k
http://www.hooked.net/users/johnt/bmw.html
<<<<<

John,

If you want to feel the limit of your car a safer speed &
more forgiving environment, just head to your next &
nearest autocross.  There your can explore the car's
limit  without the high speed involved at a track event.
In addition, many regions put on excellent autocross
school for beginners.  I'm in the same position as you
are--wanting to go to a driver school but imtimidated
by the high speed at the track.  On the other hand, I'm
really comfortable at an autocross event.

Took my E30 M3 (it's bone stock) out to its first
autocross last weekend.  I ran on street tires to let me
find out the car's handling characteristics a bit easier.
What a BLAST!!!  I never know a 4 seat sedan can be
so neutral & balanced.  I'm still grinning ear-to-ear
from steering the car by its throttle.

Check out the autocross home page at
www.team.net.

- -----