[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Leather.

   I've noticed this happening on several 325iC's, mine espicially.  The
top of the rear seat, the seams in the middle. The leather dries and
shrinks, causing the seams to split. (proper care would have prevented it,
but  I'm the second owner of the car). The bad split is probably 2-3 inches
longand an inch wide.

  I've tried a couple of local upholstery shops and they both wanted to
replace everything to a tune of about 1500-1800! for leather and 500-800 for
vinyl.  I can understand them saying that the old leather cannot stretch
back out again, but can't you replace one or two sections??
 Anyone have any experiences with this type of problem?

Or better yet, know of a good upholstery shop in the Hampton Roads, VA area?

Thanks!
Keith Turner
kturner@domain.elided

88 325iC