[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

4 years / 50K miles

<< Just a suggestion.  (especially if your car is an Automatic)  I had a
 similar problem with my 95 325i.  It drove me nuts--I pulled apart the
 dash etc. and could not locate the source of the irritation, but I
 finally realized that the sound was coming from the other side of the
 firewall.  You will find that the brackets for holding the DME and
 Automatic logic unit are not very well designed---my DME was rattling
 against the "brain" of the automatic.  But if the DME is not properly
 seated in the bracket it could potentially rattle also. >>

I just don't get it, why do so many of the digesters with
"new" cars start taking the damn thing apart when it is still under warranty.
 I know that different countries have different warranty set ups, and
sometimes a dealer is 1 or 2 hours drive away, but taking a dash apart or
some of the other "projects" I've seen people ask for help with would
probably be done faster/quicker/cheaper (FREE) if done by a dealer.

NOT A FLAME, Just curious.  Enlighten me...............

Marco
95 ///M3