[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ODOMETER TAMPERING

Our Company was approached last year by some guys in Germany who had
apparently devised some means of altering the "TRUE" Speedo readings on
Electronic BMW Speedos. We flatly told him we were NOT interested in such
unethical & HIGHLY ILLEGAL practices. I believe such blatant illegality has
no place on this forum.
For any of you unsuspecting  buyers of cars you feel have been tampered
with, there are ways of determining whether or not the car being represented
to you is showing the correct or "TRUE" odometer reading. 1. Check back with
the DMV Dept of Motor Vehicles in the state where you are or where the car
is from. Use the VIN # from the car or title paperwork. 2. Go to a BMW
dealer & have them enter the VIN # into their repair system to see when the
car last showed in for warranty or repairs. 3. Also from DMV get a vehicle
history & track down previous owners to check odometer discrepancy.4. If you
still suspect a "SNAKE" & cannot prove it ---- Follow your gut feeling &
"PASS" on the car. If it's "Too Good To Br True" it probably is. CAVEAT
EMPTOR !!! To all of you "WISE-GUYS" who think it might be "CUTE" to "spin"
the speedo whether High-tech LapTop style or the old fashioned way with a
drill-bit.........BETTER THINK TWICE........IT'S A
FELONY........AND..........A BIG FINE..........& A FEDERAL OFFENSE. Don't
even be tempted....How would you like to get "Stuck" with a BMW that's been
"SPUN"

NUFF SAID !!!! LET THE GOLDEN RULE.....RULE   Rodd Sidney
Rodd Sidney                BMW Dealer Marketing Web Page
bmwrodd@domain.elided        http://www.dzn.com/global/bmw.htm