[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<e36> 1996 model stereo dribble and RODD comment

     Hello Digesters,

     (IF you don't care about 1996 e36 stereo stuff, then skip this)

     I have been a complainer about the poor quality sound from both the
     stock 1996 stereo and the HK stereo. Well I found part of the answer
     this weekend.

     I replaced only the head unit (it's connected to the factory amp(s)
     and speakers), and it now sounds like I would have expected it to
     sound from the factory. I will not stop at that, but an temporarily
     satisfied with the improvement (the improvement is great, like night
     and day). Currently the car has next to top of the line Clarion
     CD/Receiver (I don't know the model number, and it's ugly). I will be
     putting in an Alpine 7932??? later this week and hope this unit sounds
     as good as the Clarion. So, if you want a cheap improvement, TOSS the
     FACTORY CRAP out of the dash, it IS THE WEAK LINK.

     Dear Rodd,
        I think the last two of your post (v5 #10 or #9) were much more in
     the spirit of the digest, and posts like that are appreciated. You
     gave specific info to a question, and got in a good plug for
     yourself...now you just needed to leave out the parts about not being
     aloud to post inventory related ads. But thank you, anyhow.

     Dean Schreier
     Schreier Applications Consulting
     Dallas, TX
     '96 M3 (sounding and feeling better then ever)
     '76 Corvette (no sounds, except the exhaust leak)
     BMWCCA 104306