[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<vandalism>

One would have thought that living in Vermont I would be shielded from
vandalism from those friggin trouble makers (but we do have our share of
red-necks, and when they drink....).  On Saturday, I was on the
waterfront enjoying our regional beerfest where 50 or so micro-breweries
in New-England bring their new stuff.  Unfortunately, part of it was
spoiled by a bunch of red-necks.  They bring their hot-tempers, foul
language, and their mischief.  I unfortunately was a target.  I get to my
car to find a BOULDER jammed under my car, but hidden so I find it after
I try to back out and have it ram/grind/rip part of the underside of my
car.  I get out and look under, curse, pry the offending rock out and
leave.  All the way home reflecting to my s.o. that it could have been
worse, it could have been a "keying".  I get out of my car and look at
the drivers side behind the door (1988 325is), and VIOLA, KEYED!  DAMN.
All the way from the door back to the rear.  Heart sank, thoughts of
suicide, instant depression.  So now, I ask of you, my contemporaries,
does one think that an average "keyed" line (about 4 feet long) can be
"buffed".  Or does it require stripping and painting the whole panel.  Is
this a job for experts?  And here's the most annoying part.  My car was
PERFECT (well almost) and now I'll have a re-painted body panel.  How can
I preserve my resale?  ie.  It'll be painted and people will want to know
what happened...  Do I take pictures?

Signed PISSED OFF IN VERMONT,
David
1988 325is violated

p.s.  I'm just glad I didn't catch them, I'd probably be in jail for assault

p.p.s.  A friend later that night saw a group of skin-heads (earlier seen
at this beer-fest) smashing windows and mirrors.  As they approached my
friends car, which was unoccupied, my friend yelled "don't tough my car
you a#$%##$".  One did a round-kick on the side mirror, smashing it
totally off the car.  They then came at my female friend, made a fist at
her face, walked away.  Police didn't couldn't find any of these.  Again,
I'm/they're glad my roomates and I weren't there.  We're all 6'2"+
230-250lbs.  "I pitty the fools" Mr. T.