[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Suspension noise?

I have an '88 325is and it is giving off a rattle/thump noise from the
front underbody.  The noise is dependant on road surface, which here in
underwater New Orleans is usually very rough (a pothole put me in the
hospitsl for c.7 months when I was last on a Vespa (motorscooter).  There
is some thumping from the rear, but I have been told it is probably the
top shock mounts.  I was under the car this morning and all
joints/bearings seemed tight and not decayed.  Should I give up and take
it in to Lother, the very German mechanic, or am I overlooking something.
 Any suggestions will be most appreciated.  Thank you.
- --
Pour me a cab, I just can't drink no more.     |         St. Steve
                                --Tom Waits    |   sbellaire@domain.elided

It's a southern thing, you wouldn't understand.|    Shoes for Industry!