[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<MISC>Roundel

Here's the text of a letter I received this morning. Aren't they nice guys
at BMW GB? Just why do they have to single out me from the other 50 or so
non-club pages?

Dear Mr Hill

I refer to your correspondence with Jeff Gaines last year regarding your use
of the BMW roundel on your Internet home page.
Following his request that you do so, on 5 September, you confirmed that
youhad removed the BMW roundel from your home page.
I was disappoined to note recently that you have begun to use the BMW
roundel once more.
While BMW GB can accept that you are providing a service to BMW enthusiasts,
there is no need for you to use and no objective justification for your use
of the BMW roundel. Simply acknowledging that the BMW roundel is a trademark
of BMW AG is not sufficient.
Before this matter escalates to a serious level, I invite you to renove the
BMW roundel from your Internet home page and confirm to me that you will not
use it in the future on the Internet (or elsewhere).

Your sincerely

Graham Coleshill
Legal Manager
BMW (GB) Limited, Ellesfield Avenue, Bracknell, Berks, RG12 8TA
Tel 01344 426565, Fax 01344 480203

Regards
Nick
Internet: njh@domain.elided