[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

more paint stuff ...

I have read about the bird crap stuff leaving forever traces on some
poor helpless hood.
A few questions ...
Here in california, there are a lot of Lazy Yuppies.  They want status and
they want quality .
(who wants to drive to the garage every 2 weeks for maintenance ??)
They want to drive for 10000 miles with a few oil changes here and there.
In real life, I have talked to many owners who upon hitting 70k, have had a
rash of mechanical problems. (being stranded in the middle of a freeway is no
fun ... from what I hear).
So ? how about the new "self tuning" cars ? are they reliable for the first
100k ? (of course I will follow what the user manual says to do).

The upkeep of the BMW is so high (most of my friends who own BMW go into a
berzerk rage whenever they think there is something wrong with their car and
which will cost mega bucks) that many >40% tax payers are getting more reliable
japanese (lexus comes on top) luxury cars.

so what's the deal ?
With the new BMW models, are they more reliable ? are oil changes still about
1000 bucks ?

hmmm ...