[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E30 318i Driveability

HELP! ___1985 318i,138884 mi has BIG driveability problems.It's so
bad I doudt I could give the car away.Problem is intermittant bucking
& missing.Dealer says everingthing checks out OK.Just a case of
carbon buildup.A chem decarb &$208 later dealer says car runs 90%
better.Daugterr(her car),Wife and I all say BS. Two years ago we had
the same problem.Same dealer replaced idle stab.control unit
&injector wiring harness with new config.parts.This fixed things for
awhile.Air flow meter &ignition module both replaced about 18kmi
ago.I continue to suspect electronics.Dealer says drive it and use
more BMW fuel additive.Any one out there had a sim. prob? Any ideas?

                                                    Desmond
                                                     BMW CCA 59350