[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

l/100KM vs MPG

Hi All;

Perhaps one of our resident mathematical wizards (Blazey, Childers, Shaffer)
can figure out how to convert liters per 100 KiloMeters to Mile Per Gallon.

My Euro 745 uses l/100KM instead of MPG, and I have wracked my brain trying
to do this conversion.  My OBC says 21.3, when I try to convert it I come up
with 11.04, or 27.99 (I wish) depending on what formula I use.  My actual
experienced mileage is 18.8 (leadfoot).

According to the Owners Manual, 10.4 = 27.2 MPG, 16.6 = 17MPG etc., but I
can't seem to come up with a formula that even converts these correctly!
 Story problems never were my forte!

Any Ideas?

Thanx
Kevin