[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 6er series retro

Matthew Winkler had it right when he said:

>>...I think BMW has really lost something with the demise of the 6 series.

>>why does BMW not come out with a light weight, retro-styled 6 series based
>>sports coupe, or dare I say convertible, at the 40-50 grand range to compete
>>with Lexus Coupes, Legend Coupes

I completely agree with this.  Strip out the heavy and expensive luxury
items.  Make it high-style and low-slung.  Give it a grille that's styled
somewhere between the current 8-series and the E-24's.  Room for four, with
a rear seat area that says "This is for two adults."  Take out just enough
insulation so you can feel the exhaust rumble and shift 'by feel'.  Put
some 16" alloys on it (BBS RX) and 50-series rubber.  Give it some of that
muscle-car look that the 850's have, and there you have it.  Use the new
540 suspension and powertrain.  Sell it for $40k base.  Build it in the US.
Spread rumors about a convertible and an 'M' version.  Deliberately
underestimate demand.  Create havoc.  ;)

No, I repeat, NO "me too" Euro-egg styling!  I'm SO sick of that.  Let's
see if we can have some assertive *edges*, instead of the metaphorical 'one
world/melting pot' molten-blob car designs.

- -Barry "Dream along with me" Sanders
(for sale) '85 325e 4dr 5spd 138k and '83 633CSi 80k