[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<02> brakes & other stuff

Hi guys,

Newbie here so if I'm out of line, please be gentle.

A few questions first, then a few observations.

While perusing my MM catalog I noticed that their 2002 tii rally brake =
upgrade included caliper spacers.  I assume these are to widen the gap =
between my pistons so as to accommodate the vented (from a '77 320i?) =
rotors.  Is this an okay method and if so do you think MM will sell just =
this part?  If not what are the dimensions and what should they be made =
of?

I also noticed that the euro 323i had disk brakes in the back.  SInce =
the 320i drum is pretty much a bolt on upgrade, would these disk brakes =
also bolt up without much trouble?  What would the caliper attach to?  =
Are these parts a b*tch to get?  Any other thoughts?

Now my observations:

I don't mind the commercial postings as they are now (not a huge =
amount).  If I don't want to read them I pass them by.  The only real =
damage done is the use (waste?) of bandwidth.  If the amount increased, =
then my opinion would change.

IMHO Rodd should put a little more work into his website (constructive =
criticism).  Its not bad, but there are no e-mail links (mailto:'s) and =
their sign-up form can't find the CGI script (tried it last night.)  Not =
bad prices on lots of stuff though.

Finally, everyone is guaranteed an opinion.  If you don't like someones =
opinion (or method of expressing oneself), don't take it too personally. =
 If some guy/gal wants to make a yutz of themselves by using the list as =
a sounding board then its okay.  If you get personally flamed, sticks =
and stones (no, don't throw them).

Anywho, thats my $.02.  This is a great resource and I'm glad its here.  =
BTW, your all wrong about the best looking car.  The best looking car is =
obviously the 1602-2002 series.  I don't even think this one should be =
up for discussion:-)

TIA

Jerry Chyo

'72 tii (almost done)
78 320i (my first love)
83 320is (my parts car)
91 M5 (had to sell when the kid came)
94 Explorer (oh well, the kids pretty cool)