[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<RE> 325iC rattles

Just a suggestion.  (especially if your car is an Automatic)  I had a
similar problem with my 95 325i.  It drove me nuts--I pulled apart the
dash etc. and could not locate the source of the irritation, but I
finally realized that the sound was coming from the other side of the
firewall.  You will find that the brackets for holding the DME and
Automatic logic unit are not very well designed---my DME was rattling
against the "brain" of the automatic.  But if the DME is not properly
seated in the bracket it could potentially rattle also.

Good Luck!
ps. Just in case you do not know where the DME is located--it is behind
 the (+Postive Battery junction) under the hood (ie directly in front
of the glove box)