[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Vinyl Cleaner

     I have been watching the thread on cleaning vinyl with some interest.
     FWIW, I have used 409 cleaner (purchase any grocery store or super market)
     on the vinyl seats, door panels, dash, and trim in my BMW and other cars
     for nine years with no ill effects.  It gets all the dirt out and leaves
     the original flat finish, which I prefer over the glossy dust-catching
     Armor-All look.

     In emergencies (of the dog or coca-cola variety) I have even used the 409
     on leather.  It worked very well with no apparent damage to the leather.
     However, I am certainly not advocating its regular use in that application.
     I always make sure I wipe it off completely with a clean cloth or towel no
     matter what the surface.
     Try at your won risk, all usual and unusual disclaimers apply ...

     DanZ
     Annapolis, MD
     1995 525i (Active)
     1986 325e (KIA)