[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Commercial Posts and an Apology

I can see both sides of the "commercial post" argument.  Certainly the
purpose of the BMW digest is to serve as a forum for BMW enthusiasts to
find help with their BMW-related problems and, in general, to commune with
each other regarding BMW-related experiences, but not to help vendors make
a profit.

Some of the vendors who are participating in discussions on other
lists/digests are offering discounts to digest members.  (10 percent seems
to be a standard.)  It seems to me that this is a win-win situation that
benefits digest members as well as the vendors.  I wonder if this changes
anyone's opinion on this question?  I invite the comments of other digest
members.

Lastly, I apologize to anyone who was taken aback by the strong language I
used in a couple of recent posts.  This digest is a model of decorum, and
that is consistent with all the fine people I have met through BMWCCA.  In
particular, I would like to recognize and commend Mr. Greisler for his
restraint and tact in responding to some of my comments.  I will henceforth
try to emulate Ben's fine example.

Ken Sax
nsxtasy@domain.elided
Windy City Chapter BMWCCA