[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Valentine build quality

>A previous post about radar detectors mentioned that Valentine detectors are
>"not well made."  I'm curious what prompted that comment.  I've owned one for
>2 years and have no complaints about build quality or anything else.  No
>other detector is even in the same league IMHO.  The only problem I've
>had is that the power cord has needed replacement once, but that only
>required some telephone cord and a couple of connectors to fix.  The
>range is unbelievable and the additional information that it provides is very
>useful.  A friend who normally uses a Solo was amazed at how much more
>warning it provided when he was in my car recently.
>
>Eric Typpo

I have a V-1 too, and I was puzzled by the "not well made" comment as well.
True, it doesn't look as slick as the new Escort 5000 (LCD screen), but it
IS built like a tank. I bought the Escort (for its looks) and returned it,
because that thing gives you absolutely useless feedback, and it has poor
quality. The original poster also mentioned V-1 being big, but it's not
much bigger than detectors with similar features. Also, it warns you
sooner, so you'll have more time to hide it,etc. If you decide to go with
V-1, get the concealed display kit too, I think it's a must.

Stan Lobunets | stan@domain.elided | stass_lobunets@domain.elided
- --