[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tokico Adj. Shocks for E30

OO> I'm looking for adjustable shocks for my 89 M3 with 16 x 8.5 ACT
OO> wheels

Hi Bisham - I have the Tokico 5-position adjustable shocks. Yes, they
are the ultimate in tunability, but since I have no access to a skidpad,
what good is that? I have found I solely use the two extreme positions,
softest for street, stiffest for track. The stiffest is about as stiff,
I'd say, as a bilstein sport shock, and the softest setting seems a
little stiffer than the stock sport shocks I had before ('87 325is).

Changing settings on the front is a breeze, the rears are not. I have a
rear Hartge stress bar, and the stiff plastic/fuzz side covers are slit
to accomodate that, so all I have to do is climb into the trunk and lie
on my back, pull those out of the way, yank off the rubber shock mount
covers, jam my head into the corner of the trunk w/ a small flashlight
and screwdriver, and turn the teeny adjustment screw to the right
position. It doesn't take me long to do, but it is awkward and kind of
a pain. They have the 3-position electrically adjustable ones, much
easier, but I don't know how much weight is added or what's involved w/
that installation. If you didn't have the stress bar, you would have to
completely pull the side panels out of the way to get access to the rear
shock towers; if you've ever done this, it's a complete pain!
Otherwise, you'd just have to cut out access holes (sounding better all
the time to me). Performance-wise the shocks have been fine, I like
them.

Marshall Garrison (marshall.garrison@domain.elided)

 * RM 1.3  * Eval Day 10 * RoboMail -- The ultimate QWK compatible message mana