[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

headlamps

  QUESTION:  my E34 has halogen headlamps with
	replaceable bulbs.  These are not the Hella
	H1 & H4 units - although I think they are
	Hella.

	I have usually replaced the factory lighting
	with the Hella H1 & H4 setup.  This has usually
	proven to be superior to stock lighting.  I'm
	not so sure in this case - the factory lamps
	seem to be very good.  (they're so good, in
	fact, I've been in no hurry to find that set
	of H1 & H4 headlamps I have in a box somewhere)

  	Anyone have any experience replacing the stock
	headlamps noted above with either:

		o the H1 & H4 - any significant
		  performance gain?

		o ellipsoid headlamps - any significant