[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Flexible brake lines

*Is there any reason to periodically replace stainless/teflon
*flexible brake lines?  I assume that the teflon liner is pretty
*impervious so that as long as the stainless braid is in good
*shape there is no reason to replace them.  Right - Wrong?

right.  keep an eye on the outer braid, and as long as it's ok,
you're ok.

recent research on my part for an article i've sent to another
car club's publication shows that earl's makes direct replacment
lines with M10x1.0 fittings on either end, so that you don't
even have to fool with adapters.  it's an easy swap.  most of the
people selling "bmw kits" are just repackaging earl's line and
marking it up 50%; might as well buy it from earl's.

richard