[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V2 #209

From: JPRINZ@domain.elided Date: Mon, 09 Jan 1995 13:21:27
Subject: E30 M3 wheels
!
! I need another set of wheel for my E30 M3.  I see all sorts of
! wheels advertised in ROundel but I'm not sure which will
! fit.  I have been told that and 5,6,7, series wheel will
! fit.  IS this true?  What is the maximum circumference?
! 16"? 17"?
!
! HELP!
!
! jp

I am running 16x8 with 15 offset (someone asked me a few months back what my
offsets are - now ya know) and 225/45-16 tire size on DP Enduro 3/S rims.

Someone at the Berkeley site is running 17 inch rims with 245 tires on an E30
M3 in the rear so 245's are possible (at least according to him).

I got my Sumitomo HTRZ tires yesterday from the Tire Rack.  The Treadwear is
rated at 160 vs 140 for the Pirelli P700z I have now.  Wear and heat are both
rated an A rating.  The rubber feels relatively soft to the touch so it seems
like these tires won't be so bad afterall in terms of handling (at least they
will last longer than my P700z's).  I'll put the Sumitomo's on next week and
let you guys know how it runs.

Just a though: How bad is it to just replace my pair of tires at the rear for
a few months? (ie: P700z in the front and Sumitomo HTRZ in back)  Yes yes,
I know it sounds a bit lame, but I have tread left in the front P700z's.

Gary
89 M3 (Koni, ebiach, Customized DP Enduros 3/S 16x8 w/ Pirelli 700z (soon to be
       Sumitomo HTRZ); 4 Infinity subwoofers / 12 disc CD changer / 3 amp set
       up into a Zapco preamp/EQ )
82 Celica GT
       (Mitcom Aero kit, GTS Alloy Rims with Bridgestone Pontenza's)
Future Plans:
93 GMC Typhoon
95 Chevy Z28 or 95 Pontiac T/A or Buick Grand National

Ps. Who wanted the Dinan vs Authority comparison? I've just finished moving
    into my new office so I have some time to look for and fax the article.