[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: bmw-digest V2 #174

| From: TONY.D.OAKLEY@domain.elided
|
| My '87 535is has a whine in the stereo system.  It has both alternator and
| ignition noise.

My 87 325i had a similar whine. Just about drove me nuts. I heard all
the same things you heard: head unit, amp, "they all do it", need a
noise filter. I persistently kept hammering the dealer to fix it.
Finally someone noticed that BMW had sent out a tech bulletin that (if
I remember correctly) the antenna cable was the culprit, and they had a
revised one that solved it. Anyway, the noise went 97% away, at which
point I decided that was as good as it was going to get. Now, this was
in '87, so it might be a little harder to convince them of this tech
bulletin that it was then.

Cheers,

Johnbro
95 M3 (sit down,  shut up, hold on)
formerly:
91 325ix
87 325i
69 1600 (the first one's always free, sonny...)