[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Front End Shimmy

Hello all of you BMW-nuts !

A few days ago, I asked a *very* stupid question about the 55 mph
shimmy of my '86 323i.  Shall I burn in hell for not having read
the very good FAQ called `Front End Shimmy' !!!

But something appeared not to be clearly explained in the FAQ.

To fix this problem, I should ask for a full-on-the-car wheel ba-
lanced. But if all the 4 wheels are on-the-car wheel balanced,
should I continue to swap the front ones and the ones every 10000
kms as I usually do ???

By the way, is this swap usefull ?  My 4 Dunlop `Le Mans' have al-
ready performed 40000 kms and there's still 4mm left.

Is it then necessary to locate the position of the wheel on the
hub ?

Shall I ask again for a on-the-car wheel balance when I buy new
tires.

Pierre F-F.
'86 323i (you guessed it :-)

Please save band-width.
Feel free to flame me but *only* via personnal Email.