[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

535i ROUGH RUNNER

Just drove my '90 535i from Pittsburgh to Pensacola.  In the mountains
of West Va the car started to run rough after cresting hills on cruise
control.  Almost as if it were cutting out as it reduced throttle to
maintain speed.  It was bucking pretty badly before I disengaged the
cruise.  This has never happened before.

It worked better with the cruise off but you could still tell it was
running rougher than usual.  At idle it lopes a bit now and doesn't
sound smooth like it used to, and it still bucks a bit when adding or,
more pronounced, when reducing power.

Just had the oil service done before I left at 73500 miles.

This is very annoying, especially since the car has run virtually
perfectly until now.  Any guesses?  Could it be the dreaded
re-formulated gas?

Thanks,
Joe