[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Thrust rod bushings.

     You wrote:

     >1- Will I need any special tools to get the thrust arm off.??

     If you are going to replace the thrust bearing I would suggest
     replacing all the bushing to rebuild the front suspension.  The only
     special tool needed in that case is a tie rod separater available in
     tool stores for $15.  You will need access to a hydrolic press to
     press in the new bushings into the arm.  A machine shop can do this
     for you (~$20).

     >2- Do I have to keep the car up on jacks the whole time??

     Afraid so, no bushings no suspension.

     >3- From the looks of it I'll have to take out some stabelizer bar
     >support to get to one end of the rod??                 ^

     It's pretty easy to remove to the sway bar so its not in the way.

     >I wish I payed as much as the labor hourly rate !!  Will this take a
     >long time or the whole weekend.  ??

     Depending on your experience, I'ld say 7 hours.

     Cheers
     John