[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Car rentals - D

FWIW:

I've rented a number of cars at both Frankfurt am Main &
Munchen airports - primarily thru either Budget (Sixt) or
Inter-rent (IR) - and never had any probs. I usually made my
reservations several weeks ahead of time for the "type" of
vehicle. Once I got to the rental counter at the airport
I'd make my choice of which model. I know Budget does (or did)
rent 3'ers; Thru IR I got MB 190's or Audi 80's (ug!)

I just rec'd some new rental info. from DER Tours - though
I've not used them yet. ( but I think they're hooked up with
Budget somehow)

Their US toll free no. is: 1-800-782-2424.
Their weekly rate (inc. CDW and 15%VAT) in '94 was $388 US  for a
BMW 316i.
For comparison, a 911 is $1598 US.
[Don't forget to apply for the VAT refund]

Rock