[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V2 #198

<gasoline! While it may save the planet, it is wreaking havoc on my 320i.
 The
engine used to run like a top; full power even when cold. Now I have to let
it
idle for 5 to 10 min (that is if it starts easy!) before I can race the
engine..if I don't, it just dies, like a carburated engine that floods or
something.  It also has lost alot of high end power, so trying to manouver in
Seattle traffic is REALLY interesting!  I think that I'm going to fill up the
tank next time with 15 gallons of pure TECHRON (ha, ha, just kidding; can't
afford to anyway.>

Contact Metric Mechanic in Kansas City, Missouri at (816) 231-0604 and ask
for a copy of their manual on BMW fuel injection.  There isa section on
K-jetronic injection that covers dismantling and adjustment of the fuel
warmup regulator.  There is also a good diagnosis chart for fuel injection
problems.   This may help solve the problem.

Bob Stommel
E21Bob@domain.elided
"Life begins at 5000 RPM."