[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

CCA Discount

From: Ash Alyan <011782@domain.elided>

>Found out that BMW CCA members get 45% off parts!!  and that at the
>dealer, beats Bavarian for sure (or does mail order shops give it too?)

Which dealer? I have yet to find one that gives that much discount.

Anyways, a word of warning.  I decided to take advantage of my CCA membership
discount before it expired at the end of December.  I went to Weatherford
to buy 12 oil filters.  Weatherford of Emeryville has a buy 3 oil filter and
get one free deal.  I presented my discount and they didn't take it because
of the 2 simultaneous deals although I did the same last year and they honored
both deals at the same time.  Anyways, no biggie.  The manager at the counter
said you'll get the best deal if you use the CCA discount.  I looked at the
invoice and the list price of each filter was (list: 5.47, CCA discount: ~4.79).
Anyways, after some calculations, the 3 for 1 deal came out to something like
4.30 or so based on the list price above.  I told the guy at the counter I
want to do the 3 for 1 deal since I come out ahead.  The guy rings it up (after
some trouble cancelling it) and the list price goes up to ~6.67 per filter
which makes the CCA discount come out better.  So caveat emptor! I can't
believe they have two list prices for the same item which depends on what
deal you chose.  Anyways, if my figures don't work out, its because I don't have
the receipts on me right at this moment.

Gary