[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Willow Springs Event!

I just received an email on the RX-7 mailing list for an event at
Willow Springs Race track in Southern California.  It's a 1 day
event that is scheduled for a low number of participants.

If you're interested, these events are a lot of fun.  And with light
traffic on the track, the event should be pretty good.  I'm going to
do it.

The e-mail follows.

For more info, contact James at jirey@domain.elided.

(I'm in no way connected to the event.  I'm just passing information
along.)
- -Rich
//95 M3

          I thought I would let everyone know about a great
          non-profit event that I went to last year at Willow Springs
          Raceway.  The guy who organizes it works in my office and
          has a 93 RX-7 with a 350 h.p. Stage III HKS kit.  On Monday,
          May 8, the Southern California MIT Alumni Club is sponsoring
          a day at Willow Springs on the big track.  The cost is $225
          and you get a safety lecture, braking and handling drills
          and a run-through of the track from instructors from the
          Porsche Owners Club.  In addition, the instructors ride in
          your car and give comments as you traverse the course.
          Better yet, you get to ride in the instructors' cars as they
          take hot laps.  The instructors' cars will include a 93 RX-7
          with a 350 h.p. HKS Stage III kit, modified 911s and others.
          Last but not least, you get to take hot laps with other cars
          on the track.  This year will see a number of Third
          Generation RX-7s (one is mine), a Dodge Viper, a 94 Mustang
          Cobra, a 93 Mustang Cobra (mine), at least one 911, etc.
          The instructor to participant ratio is 1-2 or 1-3.  The
          participant group is limited to thirty, so I would recommend
          sending your money now to reserve a spot.  Send money to the
          event organizer: Todd Serota, 550 S. Hope Street, Los
          Angeles, CA, 90071-2604.  His number is 213-489-4060 x 2280.
          Willow Springs is about 1-1.5 hours north of Los Angeles
          depending, of course, on where you live.  Participants need
          not be members of the MIT Alumni Club or the Porsche Owners
          Club.  Also, the event has seen every kind of car including
          RX-7s, Miatas, Mustangs, a Corvette, a Honda CRX, a Toyota
          MR2, 911s, a Volkswagen bug, and on 1966 Buick with drum
          brakes and about twelve degrees of body roll thourgh the
          corners.  So come with whatever you have and you will have
          fun.

          James