[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

325i Tape deck woes

>I have a 325i which is really terrific to drive but one day its stereo
>cassette player decided to eat one of my tapes and has yet to let it go. My
>question is simple. How does one remove the tape player from the dash board
>without using a chain saw. I have located the two hidden torque bolts under
>the front panel but theres got to be more to it than that. Any reference
>manuals or advice would be greatly appreciated.

 Those two little bolts are it! They aren't a torx screw though. They're
a special (5 sided?) allen type screw for which BMW sells a special tool.
I believe a metric allen wrench will work, but you may wind up damaging
the screws in the process. The BMW tool is not too expensive.

  Loosen the two screws all the way and gently slide the unit outward
toward you. Before you disconnect the wires, make sure you have your
anti-theft code!! If you don't, I believe dealers can decipher it from
the serial number on the unit.

Ron Checca
'90 M3 Street
'88 M3 Track