[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

2002 questions

Happy New Year. I have some questions relating to some refurb work I'll
be undertaking soon.

Carbuerator:
Thanks to Ben for the advice on the Weber. I've decided to replace the
DIDTA Solex with the 32/36 DGAV. I have a choice to order the carb or the
whole "street lethal" kit. I want to use the stock air cleaner if
possible. Does this mean I'll need the kit, or I can I order just the
carb? What does the kit contain that I would need?

Brakes:
I looked at the FAQ on brakes.  I am replacing the front rotors, pads,
and the shoes in the rear. I will also be bleeding the whole system. Does
anyone recommend any particular brands for the above items? Wheel
bearings also?
In addition, one of the lug bolts holding the rear rims on snapped. Does
anyone have advice on replacing it? Will I need a new drum, or can I
successfully remove the old lug bolt and install a new one? I imagine BMW
dealers stock the lug bolt.
Thanks for any advice
(76 2002)
 Dave Green E-Mail davehg@domain.elided