[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

735i steering problem

Dear fellow bimmer netters,

I would greatly appreciate any comments on the follwing problems i am having
with my 735i :

1)  In rainy season, while driving at low speeds (below 15 mph), when I turn
my car thru' a pool of water - suddenly the steering wheels rattles
heavily and becomes very stiff to turn and then after my hard attempt to
control it - it gets normal again.  My mechanic says it is a usual behavior
of these cars and there is nothing to worry about !!

Is that true ?

2) At about 40-50 mph  the steering wheel vibrates - the degree/intensity of
vibration depends on the condition of the road.  Could it be because the
wheels needs balancing or has any part gone bad ?

With regards,

Atul Hajela
88' 735i