[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

1988 M3

I am purchasing a 1988 M3.  It has been modified (chip, exhaust cam gear,
short shift kit, K&N air filter, free flow exhaust), but the supension is
stock.  Does anyone have any info on what to watch out for in terms of track
stress?  I heard that the crossmembers on these cars eventually break with a
lot of track use.  Is that true?  Is there an aftermarket crossmember that is
stronger?  Any recommendations on suspension modifications?  Also, does
anyone know where I can get technical info on this car?  I do my own tune-ups
and repairs on my 320i and 525i, but I can't find a shop manual for the M3.

E21Bob (soon to be M3Bob)