[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

2002 springs

Some of you may remember my suspension problems I posted about a few
weeks ago. Well now I'm on vacation so I have lots of time to work on the
car. What I found was that the reason the car was sagging on one corner
was not becase of a broken spring, but rather the previous owner put in a
smaller spring then the other 3! So I have two other springs that I know
are the same, and seem to be the right hight (roughly 33cm). So if I
remove the two rear springs and replace them with these used, but in
seemingly good condition, matching springs, will things be OK? Or is is
nessary to replace all four springs? I'm going to replace the rear
shocks, and proably the fronts too (they seemed to be freezing up front).
If the springs on the rear are a different rate then the front will this
cause a problem? They have a while and dark blue line on them if anyone
knows how to decode this. All the bushings and rubber seem to be in good
condition on the rear except for the bushings where the trailing arm
bushings. Should these be replaced while I'm in the area? Or do they do a
good enough job dry-rotted also? :)  I expect that the answers I get are
proably a function of how I drive (do I take corners at 60 MPH). I'm
proably a moderatly agressive driver, I don't do any track racing (how
knows I may start), I don't don't usualy drive too close to the point of
letting the rear-end slip out. Thanks for any help!!

'73 2002tii