[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Warranties... again

>> Best of all, ahead of time, my dealer gave me the thumbs up on the
>> upgrade.. saying "hey, lots of folks do it, and we've never had any
problems
>> (warranty conflicts) with folks that have gone with the good software
>> upgrades (dinan, autothority etc...)...

>I'm glad you have a decent dealer, but not ALL dealers are like that, AND
>contrary to what they are saying, there HAVE been warranties PULLED on cars
>using both the Dinan and Autothority chips ... by BMW NA ... not the dealer

I don't know exactly what is meant by a warranty being *PULLED*, but neither
the dealer or NA can arbitrarily PULL a warranty unless it can be shown the
modification was involved with whatever the problem is for which warranty
work is being requested.  That isn't legal.  And even if a chip were to
cause a problem, it wouldn't affect the warranty on other parts of the car
(i.e. transmission, rear window defroster....)

If I can find the publication I found this info in I'll post it.

Comments, lawyer-types?

Bob Brewer
rebrewer@domain.elided