[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

car shakes

I think I might have a problem with my 2 month old 318is, but I'm not sure.

When I am in neutral and standing at a light, the tach will sporadically
jump about 100 rpm.  This does not happen every X seconds while I am
waiting but it seems to be very random (at least while I am standing
still in neutral).  Also, sometimes rather than the tach jumping, the car
seems to sort of "shake" for about 1-2 seconds.  When the car is in gear,
everything seems ok.

Any ideas? When my 1200 mile inspection comes along I will definitely ask
about this problem, but until then I thought I'd try the people that
really know.

thanks
lenny