[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Trailer hitches for 525?

Hi all--I'm new to the list, and already I've got a question :-> I
want to put a trailer hitch on my 1992 525i, and I'm having trouble
finding one.  (I went through the mailing list archives and found out
about the warranty issues, but the car will soon be out of warranty
anyway).  My dealer tells me the official BMW one won't fit American
models, because of the American bumpers.  When I go to a trailer hitch
place and say "BMW" they kinda snicker at me and say I should get a
pickup.  (Well, not really, but sort of).

The only hitch I've been able to find is a little, 1500lb limit one.
I'd really like one of those huge receiver-types all the sport-utility
boys get, so I could tow a house.  :-> Seriously, 1500lbs is
*probably* enough, but I'd like to have some leeway; I may be towing
1200lbs+, and I'm paranoid.

Does anyone know a mail-order place I could try for this?

Thanks in advance....

Duke Robillard, duke@domain.elided