[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Torque settings for E36 M3 bolts.

Hello fellow bimmer-heads,
- -----------------
I am trying to find the torque settings for the following bolts :

    E36 M3 oil filter cover bolt     : ______ ft/lb
    E36 M3 spark plug                : ______ ft/lb
    E36 M3 oil drain plug (w/washer) : ______ ft/lb
    other frequently torqued bolts ...
- -----------------
Also has anybody tested different tire pressure settings for the 95 M3 on a
track ? The factory mannual recommends 32psi front, 36psi rear. Whats the best
setting for ultimate handling ?
- -----------------
I am also thinking of going -1.5 degrees of camber on all wheels on the car,
before I go the driving school. Does anybody think that -1.5 will sacrifice
the streetability of the car ? I am saying this because cars respond
differently to camber changes. I dont want to ruin what the M-gurus have came
up with.
- -----------------
Also have E36 w/ premium stereo owners noticed how hot the stereo gets ? My
tapes come out with temperature of 140F (60C). That will ruin a good quality
recording right away.
Has anybody read the German mag AUTO UND MOTORSPORT ? It has a Shnitzer M3
w/ 410 hp (PS) and 310kmp (195mph) top speed. I was gonna buy the mag but its
in German.

Regards
Vlasis

UFO Valet attendant

"Life is like a sneaker. When you're in it for a while, ... it stinks"