[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V2 #160

> From: stan@domain.elided (Stan Lobunets)
>
> Also, I cannot get the double-lock feature to work. Also, it
> seems that I have to slam the doors pretty hard to close them all the way.
> One last question: does anybody else find the manual poorly written? My '87
> 325 manual was much clearer with almost no most mistakes, however this one
                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You are right about that:-)

> contains quite a few, not counting grammatical. Thanks.

I could not get the double locking to work either. When I was at the
dealership the rep told me to get in the car and he locked it from
outside, then he told me to start the car and sure enough it would not
start.  And the other day I tried the same with a friend and the car
started without a problem. Good thing he stepped on the clutch before
turning the key, which he said was an after thought. We tried it a few
times and could not get it to work.

Later, when I got home I tried it again and it started to work after a
couple of tries. Either I'm am missing something or the double locking
is flaky.

GP