[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: unbelted dummies

  a recent posting concerning the 325[i,is] recall noted:

>In head-on 30-mph barrier crashes using unbelted dummies, chest
>g-loads for the driver were too high, as were left femur loads for the
>front passenger in automatic transmission cars.

  brings to mind the maxim:

	unbelted dummies get what they deserve!

  In MA we passed a seat belt law (again!).  Of course they pulled
  all the teeth out of it to get it passed (you can only be cited
  for violating the seat belt law *if* you're stopped for some other
  offense - you cannot be stopped for failure to use your seatbelt).

  Almost daily, one can read in the Boston Globe of (yet) another highway
  fatality in the area where the investigating officer notes:

	'...were apparently not wearing seatbelts...'

  Recall the NH state motto:

	'live free or die'

  sheesh!