[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

'80/85 320/318 tips wanted

Hello bmw fans,

After reviewing the bmw-digest FAQ and not finding what
I was looking for, I now come to the wisdom of the list to
ask for advice.

I have my heart set on finding my own little xmas gift, a
'80 thru '85 320i/318i 5speed. What are some of the known
weak spots, what should I watch for, nice features or
options to look for, how do I figure out if  the (fill in
the blank) is in good shape or not? This is the
type of guidance I seek, not general used car buying tips,
but model specific insights that only those in the know,
know, if you know what I mean. (sorry couldn't resist)

If there is enough response to justify, I would be happy
to summarize and pass on to the keepers of the FAQ to
include there.

Looking forward to hearing from you....

Kirk Buecher
kirkb@domain.elided