[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Undelivered mail: Unresolvable mail address

Alan,
 Thanks for your comments. When I removed the caliper bolts this weekend, I
saw that the last person to change the bolts also used a dab of blue Locktite
on them. So, I feel much better about reusing the bolts. Also, from what I've
learned from various persons on the list, the grey creme with the funny name
is a type of hig-pressure grease that keeps the rear drum shoes from binding/
squeeling. On the front of the small bottle is a diagram of the drum assy. with
six (VERY, VERY) small arrows showing where to apply the stuff. So, sounds like
another mystery has been solved.
  Also this weekend, (the weather was GREAT in Dallas, BTW), I found a topic in
Bently that is flat wrong WRT the 1984-1985 318i. Bently notes that the fuel
filter for all E30 cars is located under the car, just infront of the left
rear wheel. *BZZZZT*. The fuel filter is located in the engine compartment just
below the brake booster for the 84-85 318i. (Just for those who need the info).

Best wishes,
Dwayne PAschall
paschall@domain.elided