[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ICE TIME TRIALS

by Matt BenDaniel

Location:       Newfound Lake, near Bristol, New Hampshire.
                Two hours North of Boston.
Directions:     Take 93n, exit 23, left on 104w, past Bris-
                tol take the right fork, at the flashing
                yellow go left onto Westshore Road (from
                now on the lake will be on your right),
                turn right at the tree with signs on it,
                turn right at Ledges Condominiums.
Times:          Registration is 9:00 - 10:00 a.m. on Sundays
                1/22, 2/5, 2/12 & 3/5. Usually ends by 3:00 p.m.
                Call hotline 617-894-8766 for latest info.
Sanctioned by:  The Boston Chapter of the BMW Car Club of
                America, licensed by New Hampshire Depart-
                ment of Safety.

Common Questions and Answers:

Q: What is the event format?
A: First you get some practice laps. Then you get timed
laps, during which usually only one car is allowed on the
course at a time. You'll get about three separate timed
runs. Your times are compared against similar cars'. Each of
the top finishers gets a BMW drinking glass or somesuch.
Typically about forty cars show up. Afterward, we usually
go for pizza.

Q: Will the event run if the weather's bad?