[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V2 #147

From: aek@domain.elided (Andrew Kalman)
>Subject: PZero experience
>
>Gary H <garyh@domain.elided> was wondering about Pirelli tires ...
>
>I've always liked Pirellis because they (at least to me) give some tactile
>and audible warning before they lose traction, unlike some other tires I've
>had.
>
>Of course, 12-15,000 miles is pretty crappy compared to the 40,000 miles
>I've heard M3 owners getting out of D40 M2s at 40psi.
>
>Hope this helps,

Andrew,

Thanks for your P-Zero experience.  I think I'm going to do away with tires
that only get 15k miles on 'em.  Do you or anyone else know what the tread
life is on the Yokohamas AVS Intermediates?  If I can get 40K out of the
D40 M2, I wouldn't mind paying the price especially since I've heard some
rave reviews about the M2s.

Gary