[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: E28 thermostat ranges?

>From: Jerry Skene <jskene@coherent,com.dgsys.com>
>Date: Tue, 13 Dec 94 16:39:53 EST
>Subject: E28 thermostat ranges?
>
>Now that the cold weather is here, I notice that my E28 535i runs in the cold
>range of the temperature gauge. Does anyone know if there are hotter
>thermostats
>available for this car?

Jerry,

My '85 535 ran real cold the first winter I owned it (temp gauge never got
out of the cold area).  I solved the problem by installing a new BMW (Behr)
thermostat.  If memory serves, it was marked as an 80 deg. part.  Now the
car runs with the gauge just to the left of center even on the coldest days
here in Wisconsin (which can be seriously cold!)

Mike
'85 535i

PS If you have problems getting heat in the car during the winter try
replacing the heater control valve core.  About $35 from the dealer.  Email
me for details if interested.