[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

M3 parts, wheel fitment

Hi all!

Well, I should have sent out a few copies of that chain letter, because I
certainly had some bad luck last week.  While I borrowed my parent's truck,
they had a 45 mph run-in with a full 5 gal bucket of paint on the interstate
while driving my M3.  Luckily, it was water-based and they were able to wash
the paint off ASAP, but the front of the car is a mess (spoiler and bumper
cover destroyed, oil cooler bent into a 45 degree angle, radiator mounts
broken, fan missing a blade,.... - the list goes on.)  The insurance company
has already cut a check to get the work going and agrees that there will
certainly be more expenses as the front end is taken apart.  After crawling
around it this weekend, I could only find one piece of sheet metal that was
deformed, so I am probably going to go ahead and do all of the mechanical
work myself and let a body shop spray and install a new spoiler.

My question:  I haven't had to buy many parts for the car and I would like
some info on mail order places that can provide the entire gamut of
components, including trim pieces, AC parts, and spoilers at decent prices.
 Any help would be appreciated.

Also, has anyone fitted RD 8x16 wheels and 225/45 tires on all corners of an
E30 M3 that has lowering springs on it?  Any rubbing problems without
rolling the lips?  Anything bad to say about the RD wheels, other than
they're just plain expensive?

Thanks in advance!

John Goodman  <goodmjo@domain.elided>
85 911