[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

photo radar in Ontario

According to everything I've seen photoradar uses the Ka band
(uhh.. somewhere between 30 and 34 GHz ? maybe ?)
Phone up Bel Electronics over in Mississauga and they'll send you a nice
package on all the detectors they sell.
But *don't* buy from them, they charge an arm and a leg :)

IMHO Bel make the second best detectors (best=Valentine) because not only
do they work great but they're undetectable (well, the ST ones anyway).
Very important in places where they use the VG-2 and burn you good (like
Ontario).

I got a Bel 625ST which is superwideband (picks up Photoradar). Mail order
from Speed&Sound in New York it cost $115 US + $15 shipping (no duty, they
sneak it across the border for us :) ) so it cost me $180 cdn to my door.
Bel wanted something like $350 to send it to me.  Go figure. A Canadian
company but it costs twice the price in Canada.

chris