[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: PTFE, Disc. Parts

Richard Moore writes:

>> Were can you get discount parts for your BMW bec
>>aues 30 dollars for underhood insulation(one section) seems a little steep.
>>I almost forgot..has anyone tried the shift kit that suppose to give the
beemer
>>shorter throws.  What about Duralube and slick 50?

IMHO *none* of the PTFE additives give real benefits, as measured by any
reputable laboratory, willing to publish its results.   This includes
Duralube and Slick 50.  The best performance and engine longevity enhancing
system is to change your oil every 3000 miles, and keep your car in good
tune.

One source I personally have used for discount NLA and OEM parts is:
CNPR, 710 Turquoise Street, La Jolla, CA  (800)-466-8184.

There has been quite a good discussion of PTFE additives on this board, in
earlier issues.