[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Timer AC/heat...

Excerpts from internet.bmw: 11-Dec-94 bmw-digest V2 #136 by
owner-bmw-digest@balltow
> Hello all. I have a '92 535i which I purchased used. The only feature
> of the OBC which I haven't quite figured out is the "timer" settings
> which turn on the a/c system at a set time.

I've got a '90 535i and the "Timer" function on my OBC is just that: a
stopwatch/timer.  (I use it all the time.)  From the owners manual,
though, I gathered that in the 7 series the "timer" function is used to
turn the AC/Heat fan on at a preset time to vent the car's interior.

Occasionally in my car the OBC will somehow switch itself to the 7
series mode and when I select the timer I get the "Vent" cues.  This has
only happened a handfull of times in the four years I've had the car.
But it has happened, and when it does, the only way to get it back to
the 5 series mode is to turn the car off and restart it.

I suspect that your car may be stuck in the 7 series mode, unless BMW
made the vent function a 5 series feature sometime after 1990, or else
you're mistaking the owners manual reference to a 7 series feature for a
5 series feature.

Cheers,
Joe