[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 02 Gas vapor line...need it?

*My question is, do I really need this line?  I understand that it is
*for emission purposes (right?)...but what else is it going to do
*for my car.

strictly speaking, no, but you need to route the vent line _somewhere_
if you disconnect, and plug the end that goes to the crankcase ventilation
system.  this is done regularly in race cars where running a plastic
line full of gas fumes through a passenger compartment tends to be
frowned upon; usually you just take the plastic line and stick it through
a hole in the trunk floor.

this, of course, _is_ illegal in a street car, as it constitutes
tampering with an emissions device.

cheers,
  richard